MICUA colleges and universities enroll 63,000 students annually with similar demographics as students who attend Maryland’s public universities. Here are the facts:
- Almost half of students attending MICUA institutions are Maryland residents;
- About one in four undergraduate students are Pell Grant recipients;
- Thirty-three percent of undergraduates are students-of-color;
- Nine percent of new undergraduates transferred to a MICUA institution from a Maryland community college; and
- Ten percent of students are 40 years of age or older.
MICUA institutions provide 1,400 approved academic programs at more than 100 locations statewide—including main campuses, off-site campuses, and satellite locations—and maintain over 140 articulation agreements with Maryland’s community colleges.